The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Monday, August 17, 2009

Team Training Camp

The 09 Worlds prep camp begins offically tonight with a team meeting at
the Olympic Complex.
It's always gives me a spark when I see the team roll into town.
A few weeks ago they were the ones I focused on beating. Some I did
and some reminded me that there is still room to improve.
The meeting will go over training schedules for the nest couple of weeks and
the goals that we as a team will shoot for when in Italy.
Our head Coach - Craig Griffin - expects our best and at our best we win.
This year the team consists of 7 men and 5 women.
two tandems, three handcycles and 7 tradition bicycles.
Within the team comes gold medalists, World Champions,
and many National Titles as well.
Everyone has the ability to medal if not win. So the expectations are high
and our training camp will reflect our desire to win.
Most days will consist of a hard AM training ride that may be 3-4 hours long
but have a series of intervals to overload the system. Every few days we'll get a
rest day to let the adaption to training take place.

So that what my life will conist of for the nest few weeks.
I'll add that I'm tossing in work hours just to make things harder on me
than on everyone else.

Life goes on even when you want to win.

No comments: