The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The mind set of the flight.

I can't wait for the never ending plane ride across the Alantic.

It will be the first time I'll be able to rest.

The flight over always hold an air of excitement among the team.

Everyone is so giddy they over analyse every possible siutation that may arise.

This year the team has to rookies when it comes to international racing but the bulk of the team

knows the routine and know what to expect (for the most part)

A comforting factor is that when we roll up to the line I'm likely to know

3 quarters of the field. Over the past 5 years the same core group

continue to qualify and race at this level. The event is the World Championships

yet when your racing side by side with guys you have known for years

it's less intiminating. These details will talked about on the plane.

The flight over also offers time to reflect on the process. The work that has been put in to on the plane. Cycling is fast and aggressive but it's also requires patience and finding the inner drive.

I give myself time to think of most misrable workout that I suffered through.

Repeats up a mountain road when the snow is falling and your limbs freeze as you turn around at the top. The desire I had on those days I have to be bubbling to the surface come race day.



Outside of the jetlag and the desire to lay down the team will feel an itchiness to race.

It what everyone does the most and what we do the best.

1 comment:

gale said...

MIKE GREAT JOB IN ITALY,WE ARE PROUD OF YOU MOM