The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

two days!

So many thing to do any only a few hours left.
But don't feel any sort of pity for me, it's self induced and
remember I'm heading off to a far off land to ride my bike. Not too bad.

This 6-7am window is the only calm time- a cup of joe in my hand and 4 cats running around me.
Waking peace.
Yesterday I was asked to join my team in a dry run of a Time Trial race effort.
The race was held east of town near M. Sheffel and Bradley Rd.
Riding my new carbon and legal Areobars for the first time I rode the 3 -5km loops
setting negative spilts wishing I drilled it from the gun.
On the back side of the course on a slight upgrade into a wind a moto came up next to me.
The man yelled out "your at 30mph" the man then rode up to Greta yelling
your at 27, the guy behind is at 30mph"
Nice to know difference in speed. Even with the I was maybe 2 km short of catching Greta.
She was off 2 minutes before and was my rabbit.

Overall I felt strong during the effort and brought about some confidence.

I'm heading into work soon to try and finish a few things and get things straight for two weeks away.
Then it's packing two bikes, luggage,wheels ext... tonight.

No comments: