The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Impressions of Spain

My team and I are staying the Spainish Village of Sergovia. The selling point of the village is a true Roman Acuaduct that was built in the last 1st century. Impressive in person but even more so when you know the history. The orginal town square and it´s church is again a trip back in history.
I haven´t been outside except for a few spins on the bike. Yesterday, we rode the Road Race course and left with the impression that I´m going to have to be on my game in order to fight for a high placing. The course offers wind, hills, tight euro village roads that will bring about an aggressive race.
These past few days have allowed me the time to rest which is something I rarely have back home. Yes, I can say that I´m bored but in a way it´s a nice change. I sit around watching eurosport and chatting with the other athletes. It´s always fun to see the athletes. We talk about previous travels and theorize the upcoming races.
Later today I´ll be seeing the rest of my team show up and then Team USA will be complete. I race friday and again on Sunday.

No comments: