The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Thursday, June 10, 2010

waiting to go fast

This year started slowly compared to previous ones. For one I struggled with motivation and then balancing a busy workload with my training. But as Spring brings life to all things so it with my desire to be fast. Month after month, I slowly ramped up my efforts and fine tuned my body into a vehicle to move forward. With each month that passed my body reached greater heights of fitness and speed. Each day is a puzzle to piece together the time to work, train and even spend some time with my wife. Rarely does my daily life involve inactive peaceful moments.
I;m now in a hotel room in Central Spain at an event that I've trained all year for and I'm stuck waiting to go fast. My coach tells me and I know it as fact, that sitting around watching euro sport is just the thing that will make me that % faster.
For a lifestyle that is always in motion the change of speed is trying.
Winning will blur the days of laying in this bed real quick. I hope to be in a blur tomorrow evening.

No comments: