The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Everyone says that exercising is a stress relief.
Working out is a time to stop thinking about work or the craziness at home and
get your frustrations out physically.
Working out and training are different beasts. Training can be stress inducing. Both physically
and mentally depending on the time of year and the upcoming event.
Right now, I'm training for the Road National Championships which will begin in late July.
That means I'm in my last real block of training. Every workout is critical and each effort affects the next.
I felt this last year while prepping for Olympic Trials. The race is being played out in my head and the image of my competitors training harder than me keeps me on the bike that much longer.
One very noticeable positive relating to stress relief is that while training with this intensity my body is so physical stressed that I have no more energy to even be worried about concerns at work or at home.
I'm just ready for bed.

No comments: