The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Friday, June 19, 2009

favorite stomping grounds



A stretch of road all Cyclists from Colo. Springs knows all to well.
Gold Camp Rd. cuts along the foothills that overlook the city and offers beautiful views and a quiet place to suffer.

It feels like I'm on this 5 mile section of pavement more than I'm home with my wife. I'll be heading over there in a few minutes, just waiting for the sun to rise. I'll bet anyone that I won't be alone. Mostly likely I'll be joined by other nut jobs who will be there for an hour just riding up and down.
The top third climbs steady at just a few % grade. Depending on what coach Tommy wants to do to me I can be up there doing longer climbing repeats, seated Time Trial efforts or uphill sprints.
A lot of times I'll see a teammate or friend up there to do the intervals with. I'm always better when I'm pedaling to beat someone.

The steady climb, the beautiful overlooks and the quiet neighborhood is what makes this specific road worth writing about.

No comments: