The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Friday, September 26, 2008

9.26.08
Before watching the Olympic Games on TV a month and a half ago one of my main visual stereotypes of China was that everyone rode Bikes. That was one aspect of Chinese Culture that I was hoping to see first hand. Personally, I'd love to see our country depend more on the bicycle in our daily lives.
With so many people living in Beijing, Cars populated the streets even with a Driving restriction. But I did see that a large portion of Beijing rode bikes. Most rodes offered a full sized bike lane which often had as many people pedaling as the motorized lanes had driving.
While there I saw bikes of every shape & size, used for reasons I never though possible.
These are images that I'm guessing would not be found in our
city streets.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very fine......

Unknown said...

Great pics. Mike. I can just picture these bikes motoring down rt.6. I like the one with furniture. I ran into your mom thurs., we talked for about 15 min.She told me you will startint to warmup for London.GREAT! charlie