The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

keeping things in prepective

9.9.08



You can't win if you don't train.

I never trained specifically for either of my track events.

Coach Tommy built a training program to improve my Time Trialing.

An event much different than the two races i just finished.



None the less, I was hoping for better. A personal best would have been

nice to see. I got off the bike disappointed that I wasn't faster.

That's where the level headed wisdom of a coach comes in.

Both team coaches, Craig and Jim reminded me that I hadn't trained

for either event. They didn't expect anything for that reason and I should

not dwell on my lack luster preformance.

I did post my third fastest kilo to date. Without any true track training
I Should be happy with that.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Mike, just know that the fact that you are there and doing your best is the most important thing in the world and makes us all proud! Good luck! Lori