The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Let the games begin.

9.7.08

The flag has been raised and the torch lit, now it's time to play.

unfortunately, my first event is the one I dread the most. A 3 kilometer
time Trial on the velodrome. I say this because racing 3 kms is a brutally hard
distance to pace correctly. I've been flirting with 4 minute barrier for years
and have always blown up in the last few laps trying to hold the split-times.

This morning was no different. The start was spot on (for me) and the first km was
just under my schedule. Then I unravelled.
You will have to go to www.universalsports.com to find the results. Feel free just to wait
for the next race where hopefully I can makes our country a little proud.

If you haven't seen it, the same website has the opening ceremonies available.
I'm almost last in the delegation as we walked in. I;m seated in the second row three quaters around from where we entered. The little kids in frog costumes blew everyone of the 91,000 people in attendance away!!

Time for a nap and massage.

No comments: