The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Monday, September 1, 2008

8.31.08 & 9.1.08

I arrived yesterday after was just too long in the sky. 14 hours all together.
The Cycling team traveled with the US Women's Basketball team which helped pass the
time. I took the time to get to know a few of the b-ball team. Their stories of past games
got me excited and finally after all this time what I was doing was finally sinking in.

I have plenty to write about but due to my jetlag I'll keep it short.
The team and I went for a spin and recon ride of both the Road curcuit and the velodrome.
Both venues are fast and will produce great racing.
My coach has us on a tight schedule. This is to keep us awake and adjust to the time zone change. China has one Time Zone for the entire country!

My thought was to tell everyone about the the olympic village and Beijing in general but due to my tiredness I'm going to have to wait.
I will say that I'm taken back by seeing so many athletes from all around the world.
4,000 athletes from over 150 nations gathered to fight it out in Sport is something special to witness and even more so to be part of.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for it Mike, I know you will do well. Charlie Munroe

gale said...

Mike, we are all with you. the times article was really good. mom