The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ants in the Pants!

Sept 11





We all seem to have them. The Time Trial is fast approaching


and the entire team will be racing. For almost everyone of us this


is our prefered disicipline.


As I write, the team is preparing for the big day. Massages, tune ups


and naps are the afternoon plan for us all. But some are up writing on their blogs


to get the nervous energy out!!


Ants in thy pants.


But rest assured I am ready. My legs feel good, my health is intact and right now


I cannot be more motivated.





For those who know cycling is not just the horse power that can be produced.


The race course requires patience and the correct dosage of watts over the 25 km race. Dosing the effort so that speed can be held and the power can run out with just meters to go is a mental science within itself. Each time trial I do reminds me of how alone


I am as I blow apart my muscle tissues with every pedal stroke. The team and I have ridden the


course enough to visualize what needs to be done. Tonight I will visualize riding each bump and dip on the course.



The excitement is here whirling around the first floor of Team USA's Village compound.

What's needed is a focus for that energy and I believe it will come as the United States Paralympic Cycling Team Lines up for tomorrow's Time Trial!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, the Springsteen just got me busted at work. Good luck tomorrow!

Steven said...

Good luck Mike!

jackcarver said...

hi mike

lynn said...

Hi there, Mike. So you have ants in your pants? I can't blame you. I just gave Lynn's Dad, Jack, a tutorial on commenting, so he wrote a practice "Hi Mike". More is coming! We are going to try to see a live feed of your race today! I hope we see you! Good luck! Love, Lynn and Judi

jackcarver said...

Hi Mike, I hope I finally got this right. JEAN AND I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOU AND WE'RE BOTH THRILLED TO BE OBSERVING THIS. WOW, WHAT A THRILL IT IS TO SEE YOUR GREAT COMMENTS AND FOLLOW YOUR THOUGHTS. WE ARE BOTH VERY PROUD TO KNOW YOU AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE PERFORMING TO THE VERY BEST OF YOUR ABILITY. YOU ARE AN INSPRIRATION. OUR BEST THOUGHTS TO YOU. PAT PAT & JEAN