The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Monday, August 11, 2008

Works begins

8.10.08
With about 20 days of Training and 7 days of tapering/travel it's time
for that final push into Olympic Fitness. Already a few of my teammates are
arriving to the Olympic Training Center. The idea for them is to adjust to being
6,000 ft high before Training camp begin.
For me I'm not going to attend the
team training in full due to my work schedule. This does not mean I'll have it easy.
A typical training day is this,

7:30am - commute 20 minutes to work
8:00am-4:00pm - play the role of a social worker
4:00-7:00pm - role straight from my office into 2-3 hours of training.
7:00-9:00pm - cleanup, eat, stretch, massage & relax
9:00pm - Bed!
on the weekends take out the work day and add 5 hours of training.

The training within those three hours is what will decide a podium or embarrassment.
I'm going to try to have a daily entry throughout the next 5 weeks or so.

- mike

1 comment:

gale said...

Mike you are doing a great job really proud of you,it's good to be able to read about you daily makes us feel you are right back home miss ya good luck windy dogs (mom)