The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BEING CLEAN means more than a Shower

8.11.08

I was waiting for it, knew it was coming but for some reason never enjoy the experience.
Yes - I'm talking about Pee watching/Drug testing.
It's something all Olympians & Paralympians have to agree to be a part of.
It's not that I can't handle another man watching me pee in a cup as we
chit-chat about the weather. It's the worry that somehow I have took something
I didn't know about and I'll be caught for cheating.
Since joining the team in 2005 I've been tested at home, in Los Angles, Texas and even Colombia.
No matter who it is and where I am there is always a little uneasiness.
For those who don't know, I'm subject to random urine testing at home or anywhere
I may go just about anytime. I submit a quarterly schedule of my daily whereabouts
and offer the best times to be tested.

This experience wasn't so bad. I knew the testers so it makes the time past quicker as I pound down three bottles of water. And we were able to watch the Swimming events as I drank.
Hopefully the next time will be at Beijing because I just won a Gold!!

-mike

No comments: