The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Friday, August 22, 2008

An unexpected time out


8.20.08

Training Camp is supposed to be distraction free and rest filled.
Unfortunately I'm not attending our team training camp due to work obligations.
The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind in many ways as I try to prepare.
Filling out paperwork for the USOC, securing extra equipment, and keeping a proper
training schedule is tiring.
Instead of mounting my Time Trial bike for an evening training ride I went directly home after work and passed out. Slept from 4:30 -5:30pm, drove to the OTC for a team dinner then drove back home and went to bed. Some days fatigue wins the battle.

With a week and a half before flying out I generally feel good about my fitness and quickness. I always second guess how my preperation is going, expecially the close I get the the event. That's where having a coach can settle nerves. Tommy always has to remind me that blowing myself apart isn't always best. Rest and recovery brings about
better quality workout and that's what's best.

No comments: