The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Saturday, August 16, 2008

In the Bowels of the Olympic Training Center

8.16.08

I sweat and suffer.
As I warmup in the basement of the OTC, my teammate notices that I'm already sweating like a pig. He asks "Where are you going"
I'm going To Beijing !!
That exchange is why not only do I ride in the bowels of the training center but 4 of my teammates do as well.
The nasty raw morning rain drove me from riding a group training ride/race to sitting on an
indoor trainer for two hours. The adjusted workout was 3 x 15 minute sustainable efforts.
The trainer I was on gave me a wattage output which allowed me to keep my effort steady throughout the 3 intervals. My goal was to keep a 10 watt range. Steady is the name of the game.
Each interval was steady in power output with the expected rise in perceived effort.
Alot of times, I'd say most of the time the quality of a workout is not based on how you
are feeling physically but how sharp and motivated you are mentally.
Starting the workout by stating that "I'm going to Beijing" is a mild motivator

No comments: