The daily ramblings of a paralympic cyclist

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Around and around I go.

8.19.08

I believe I've already spoke about my feelings regarding the velodrome.
The only real fun part of the track is mass start racing. The racing is
full throttle from roll off through the final lap.

Tom Murphy - my coach for over 4 years decided that I race the track to
work on my max power and to get some time on the fixed gear of a track bike.
The races are short, anywhere from one lap to 25 laps. I races 4 races total,
equally maybe 7-8 minutes total hard work.
The results were a 4th, 2nd, 6th, and a give up. But what is important is the
effort that I did. One was a standing start which is a weakness of mine. I'm held
by the seat by a teammate and when the gun goes I punch it out of a upright and ready
to ride position. Due to my weak leg, my second pedal revolution is almost useless.
The others were started using a neutral lap which lets me integrate a lot easier.
The racing went fine without a crash or injury. At this point in my training, Coach Tom is looking to eek out that extra half % but a fall could keep me home.

No comments: